Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 A Year to be Grateful For





These are the highlights for our year if anyone would like to know what Mr. and Mrs. Whitesides have been up to. 







January: I started a new semester at Weber State with classes in Art, Sales, and Interior Design. I also attended a lecture at the University of Utah by world famous artist Julie Mehretu. This lecture started my love affair with the power of art and visual communications, UMFA, and the wonderful University of Utah. Nick also had his first show at the Century Club which has been a consistent gig for him throughout 2014.












February: Nick Finished his first novel IRIS, and I finally got the courage to sing with Nick and do a cover video with him on Youtube. It was the song Say Something by a Great Big World feat. Christina Aguilara. Nick and I also had a beautiful Valentines Day singing on 25th street, where we fell in love when we were dating. Nick also started working with Kimberly Maycock. An LDS artist who's album Streams of Mercy will be coming out in 2015. She is such a sweetheart and an amazing singer/songwriter.






March: my mom and I attended the first General Womens Meeting of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Conference Center. And Nick and I watched some fabulous productions of my little brother Joseph as the Big Bad Wolf, and my sister Anna as the student director of Annie Get Your Gun with my little brother David as an Indian.






April: Our Nephew Maverick was born. And the Album Believer came out that Nick wrote for Abbey Smith.



May: We celebrated Nicks 28 Birthday with family and friends. And met Chris Carraba who is Nick's hero! His new project Twin Forks is our favorite band ever. We also went to the Chocolate Exhibit at the Utah Natural History Museum with my family so fun! We also moved from Ogden to West Valley which is such a change for our family. Nick also did his first live streaming on YouNow with over 1000 viewers watching and listening to his music online.











June: We celebrated our first anniversary of marriage together. My baby sister Anna Graduated from High School. My brother Joseph Graduated from Elementary School.  My cousin sean passed away. I went to my first Jazz Game Ever.  And Nick and I were models for one of our friends Tori Cloward. Which led to a wonderful lake picnic date. Nick was also able to play for South Ogden Days, and many other city festival celebrations.











July: The Fourth of July weekend was full of Whitesides family fun with fireworks, backyard movies, and delicious barbecue.  We had fun swimming too with all of our nieces and nephews, and cousins at the Dow family reunion. Nick also ran his first half Marathon in two years which was the Morgan half marathon.





August: I started school at the University of Utah with my major in visual communications.  Nick and I were blessed to go to the remodeled Ogden Temple open house with his family. Nicks band Double or Nothings new EP Next to Me came out on Itunes.








September: We set up Nicks studio in our basement. He can now produce all his own music and start producing for clients. He is also including song writing service as he has written over 550 songs.  We participated in the Famous Ice Bucket Challenge. I picked up a camera and started taking amazing portraits, and my sister Anna received her mission call to Albania.








October: I turned 22 the day Nick started his new job at Foursight Capitol we are so proud of him. And he loves working for this amazing company. We also said goodbye to my sister Anna for a year and a half who is served in the South Adriatic mission, which covers Albania, Kosovo, and Macedonia.





November: We were able to see my brother David perform in Footloose, Had a wonderful Turkey with all of our family. I finished my first website design, and did several photo shoots. And Nick started working with his first client Jacob Slagowski, expect great things from them.



December: I finished my first semester at the U with a 3.9 GPA which landed me on the Deans list. I also had my first paid photography gigs. Nick and I attended Nick's fancy work Christmas Party where we won massages. Nick also participated in an amazing program at the Brigham City Tabernacle with Kim Maycock, where they performed some songs off her new album, and a christmas song nick wrote.  We had an amazing Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, where we saw all our family in Utah, and we were able to talk to both of our Missionaries.




Merry Christmas 


Love the Whitesides Family



The Fuller Family



And Nick and I 


Have a Wonderful New Year my friends.
Lets all be a little better for 2015

With Love REB&NICK


Fun links:

Nicks Artist and Songwriting Page: http://www.reverbnation.com/nickwhitesides

Nick's Project: Magnetic Romance Page: http://www.reverbnation.com/magneticromance



No comments:

Post a Comment