Monday, July 21, 2014

Even in a Kiss

"He is in everything. Even in a kiss." - The Count of Monte Cristo


The past couple of months have been really difficult for Nick and I as we have been transitioning to different work places and schools,  and dealing with apartment issues, sickness and family emergencies. But they have been filled with equal amounts of joy and love. Readers expect me to be a more dedicated blogger, for I have learned so much and have so much to share with you about life and love.



With these months being so difficult Nick and I have really been depending on our faith in our Savior to get us through every single moment. It has not been easy to pray and trust that things will turn out ok, but our relationship as a couple has been strengthened so much because of it and I will tell you why, it's because of a simple choice.  That choice is Choosing God every day. Every morning especially on the difficult days I have woken up and decided that I am going to choose to follow and love God today, that I am going to turn the other cheek to those that have hurt me, to look for ways to serve others, to study the scriptures instead of reading/watching other media or social networks, and to being open to the Lords will for me every day.


 Through that simple choice I have noticed little things change, like being more patient with situations, accepting that there is only so much I can do sometimes and being ok with that, being more cheerful while waiting for things to be ok, looking for little ways to serve and love others around me, and praying so much more every day to our Father in Heaven for help and direction,  and seeing  his love and guidance every day as I look for it.



I noticed another things was changing too...... my marriage.  I realized the same principle applied with loving my spouse as it did my Father in Heaven. I decide to choose Nick every day because I love him and I want to love him even more every day. So I wake up every morning and I choose to love him, I choose to better show him that love every day and to look for ways to encourage him, to spend more quality time with him instead of my computer screen,  I choose to serve him and work things through with him, to be patient and to never give up on him, to make him the priority of my life. Choosing him allows my love for him to grow even more every single day as I learn more about him and strive to serve and help him.  It all starts with a Good Morning Kiss. It's so simple and yet it is the best marriage/ life advice I can give.


 Wake up every Morning and choose God and your Spouse. Through those active choices you will notice your marriage strengthening as well as your faith. For they compete each other.  Marriage is a three way street between you, your spouse and God.  I know that when I married Nick in the Beautiful Bountiful Temple we covenanted to make God an equal part of our marriage.  And by doing so I know he more than equally blesses our lives. I am so grateful for that especially on the days I don't want to get out of bed because of depression, or sickness, or stress. Those days I am so grateful for my Spouse choosing me too, through a beautiful Good Morning Love Kiss.


I know God is everywhere blessing us, especially in kisses, and I know that when we make him a part of our kisses, marriages and lives. The simple things will become so much greater than we could ever dream of and we will be so blessed and so unbelievably happy.



With Love REB&NICK

PS: Here is Sara Bareilles music video for "I Choose You" I feel her and I are on the same page with this topic of choosing to love your love every day :)


To learn about our wonderful church go here http://www.mormon.org/
Photos from the lovely Tori Cloward. To view more of her beautiful work go here Tori Cloward Photography


2 comments:

  1. Bekah, your marriage seems wonderful. Though I am not married yet I love your advice on choosing God everyday, sometimes I forget. Thanks Girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber :) we do our best to try! And then God certainly takes care of the rest :)

    ReplyDelete