Monday, November 11, 2013

How Reb Met Nick


04/22/2012

Our meeting story is very close to my heart as it was a very spiritual and emotional experience for me.  I had that day just left a relationship that wasn't going in the right direction, it was difficult for me as I loved that relationship and the person I was with.  But I knew deep down in my heart that it wasn't right so I had to leave it behind.  The thought of facing the future alone, trying to leave my feelings in the past was one of the hardest experiences of my life. Until I met Nick and was given the hope and inspiration I needed, to start taking my life in the direction that led to my happy beginning.

I had known Nicks brother Dave for a while as he was good friends with my roommate Kim. When Kim found out about the breakup she said that Dave good give me a blessing to help me move forward. So we started driving to Dave's house and we were listening to Kim's Ipod, a song called "Next to Me" by Double or Nothing.  I had recently heard them at the Weber State Winter Special Olympic Winter Games Closing Ceremony and had loved them so I was super excited that she knew about them too.  I exclaimed to her how much I loved the song and she said, "This is Dave's brother's band, he's the lead singer. He's probably at the house right now if you want to meet him." My heart started pounding I was totally shocked!! In my head it didn't make sense, Nick was white and Dave was Hispanic how are they brothers. Kim then explained to me how half of Dave's family including Dave was adopted. So I frantically started fixing me hair in the car, as I was about to meet my current favorite artist.

We walked into the house and Dave introduced me to Nick and I was completely star struck, I don't even think I said anything for a couple minutes. Gosh he was attractive up close. We did the whole my names Nick and my name is Bekah thing, I told him what a big fan I was, and how I had his songs on my ipod. (Looking back on it now, I was probably being really creepy). He then offered to play me a song he wrote called "She," which is one of my favorites. It was beautiful and in my head I was totally thinking that I was the girl in the song, and that he loved me....you know silly star struck girl thoughts. It was absolutely a dream come true.

Kim then came into the room saying that we were their so Dave could give me a blessing, but he had disappeared. Nick, being the great man he is, then offered to give me the blessing instead.  I remember that he said a little prayer before he started, and that I started crying the minute he put he hands on my head. He then gave me the most detailed, profound blessings that I have ever had in my life, he quoted sections of my patriarchal blessing, promising me the deepest desires of my heart. After the blessing with tears in my eyes I said, "How did you know," he replied "I didn't God did."  It was absolutely incredulous to me how a man I had never even met before could say what he did to me in that blessing.  It was impossible for him to know things so personal to me that I had never before told a single soul.  It was an absolutely unforgettable spiritual experience.

So of course I was totally in my head thinking that he was the one and I was going to marry him. Seriously I developed the biggest crush on him! Which at the time, he in no way reciprocated unfortunately for me. But he burned me a copy of all his latest music, signed it and said we should hang out sometime. It was love at first sight for me. I knew I wanted to be with him, or at least someone like him. He had given me the strength to move forward, and I  needed that for the difficult months that were just ahead in the future.  It was five months later that he made good on that offer to hang out, which would be known as our first date, and the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

The moral to the story: When you finally let go of the wrong things, the right things will finally have the place they need in your arms, your life, and in your heart.



                                                With Love, Reb&Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment